You are cordially invited to take part in the 14th English Short Story Writing Competition. The Regulations, Prizes and Procedures are as follows:
Eligibility: All HKBU UGC-funded undergraduate students.
Titles & Word Limit: Students must use ONE of the titles/story prompts provided and keep to a maximum of 2000 words.
NOTE: The word limit does NOT include the provided prompt.
- First Prize winner ($1,500 book voucher and a trophy)
- Second Prize winner ($1,200 book voucher and a trophy)
- Third Prize winner ($900 book voucher and a trophy)
- Merit Prize winners ($500 book voucher)
Selection Procedure: Winners are selected by a panel of judges from HKBU and professional international writers.
1. Demonstration of creativity and originality, expression of emotions, and development of characters and plot;
2. Accuracy and variety of language, proper and effective use of vocabulary and dialogue.
You need to submit two copies of your story:
(a) Submit the completed entry form together with a hard copy of your story to the General Office of the Language Centre in OEE1203 during office hours (09:00-13:00 and 14:00-17:30) by 19 October 2018; and
(b) Submit your story by email at email@example.com to check for plagiarism.
Application Deadline: 24 October 2018