|Ms SINGH Rita Gill
MEd (ELT), Sheffield
RSA CELTA, Cambridge
- Business communication
- English in the workplace
- Materials development
- Teaching methodology
- Corporate communication
GRANTS, AWARDS AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
- Principal Investigator of the Teaching Development Grant - Creating an Online Business English Learning Platform to Prepare University Students to Meet the Demands of the Workplace
- Co-investigator of the Teaching Development Grant - Developing Speaking Materials for the Special Needs of HKBU Students
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS OR CREATIVE WORKS
- Ngai, S.B., & Singh, R.G. (2018). Reading beyond the lines: Themes and cultural values in corporate leaders’ communication. Journal of Communication Management, 22(2), pp.212-232.
- Ngai, S.B., & Singh, R.G. (2017). Move structure and communication style of leaders’ messages in corporate discourse: A cross-cultural perspective. Discourse & Communication, 11 (3), 276-295. (SSCI)
- Ngai, S.B., & Singh, R.G. (2015). Using Dialectics to Build Leader-Stakeholder Relationships: An Exploratory Study on Relational Dialectics in Chinese Corporate Leaders’ Web-Based Messages. International Journal of Business Communication, pp. 1–27.
- Ngai, Sing-bik, & Singh, R.G. (2014). Communication With Stakeholders Through Corporate Web Sites: An Exploratory Study on the CEO Messages of Major Corporations in Greater China. Journal of Business and Technical Communication, 28(3), pp.1- 43. (SSCI)
- Ngai, S.B., & Singh, R.G. (2015). Communication styles embedded in the bilingual e-messages of corporate leaders in Greater China. In Ng, P. & Ngai, S.B. (Eds)., Role of language and corporate communication in Greater China: From academic to practitioner perspectives. Heidelberg; New York: Springer. ISBN: 978-3-662-46880-7.
- Best Theoretical Paper Award at Corporate Communication International’s Conference on Corporate Communication 2015
- Singh, R.G. (2015). Presented a co-authored paper titled “Developing a Thematic Categorization System for Leaders’ Web-based Communication in Greater China.” Presentation at the Conference on Corporate Communication 2015 held from 2 to 5 June 2015 at Baruch College, City University of New York, USA.
- Singh, R.G. (2013). Co-presented a paper entitled “Language Modes and Inter-textual Translation of Leaders’ E-messages in Hong Kong and China” with Ngai, Sing-bik. Presentation at the 2013 Third International Conference on Languages, Literature and Linguistics held from 8 to 9 December 2013 in Sydney, Australia. The conference proceedings were published in the International Proceedings of Economics Development and Research 68(4).
- Singh, R.G. (2013). Co-presented a paper entitled “Communication with Stakeholders through Corporate Websites: An Exploratory Study on the CEO Messages of Major Listed Corporations in Greater China” with Ngai, Sing-bik. Presentation at the Conference on Corporate Communication 2013 held from 4 to 7 June 2013 at Baruch College, City University of New York, USA.
Credit-Bearing Courses Taught:
- University English I
- University English II
- English through Films and Short Stories
- Advanced Academic English
- Humanities English Skills I and II
- Foundation English Skills I and II
Supplementary Courses Taught:
- Professional Business Writing
- Professional Business Speaking
- Professional Business Writing & Speaking
- English Bridging Course
- IELTS Preparation Course (Speaking & Listening)
- IELTS Preparation Course (Reading & Writing)
- Intensive IELTS Preparation Course (Speaking & Listening)
- Intensive IELTS Preparation Course (Speaking)
- Activate Your Spoken Grammar for IELTS
- Improving Your Speaking
- Honours Project Writing for Business
- Honours Project Writing for Social Sciences
- Honours Project Writing for Science
- Honours Project Writing for Arts, Business and Social Sciences
- Writing Enhancement Service (WES)
- English Language Mentoring Service (ELMS)
- Techniques in Writing Job Application Letters and Resumes/CVs
- Job Interview Skills
- Jazz up your Resume/CV!