Language Enhancement Programme
Language Exchange (Semester 1, 2018-2019)
The Language Exchange Programme offers language and cultural exchange opportunities between international/ exchange students and local/ Mainland students. You will be grouped and/or paired with a language partner to learn and to teach a language. You can also gain insights into cultural codes in gatherings.
How it works?
- Apply for the programme before 25 September 2018 (Tue).
- You will receive a confirmation email with the details of the Orientation once we accept your application.
- Attend the Orientation on 3 October 2018 (Wed), from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Details of the programme (grouping, dates of gathering, language teaching and learning techniques, meeting guidelines, etc) will be given in the Orientation.
- Meet your partner/ group members at least 6 times during the semester.
- In each meeting, spend half the time engaging in Cantonese or Putonghua and the other half in English or another agreed language.
- There will also be gatherings where you can meet other participants.
What will you gain?
- Improve foreign language skills
- Gain language teaching skills
- Meet friends from all corners of the world
- Share your culture with others and increase your understanding of other cultures
- Enhance cross-cultural communication skills
Who can join?
- All HKBU UGC-funded undergraduate and postgraduate students are eligible to join.
- Past participants are eligible to join the Language Exchange again, but priority will be given to those who have not participated before.
How to apply?
(Tel.) 3411 5899 (Email) email@example.com